Twit

Monday, October 22, 2018

Review: It's Hard Out Here for a Duke

It's Hard Out Here for a Duke It's Hard Out Here for a Duke by Maya Rodale
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have not read the first three of this series, but I want to now.

Rodale plays her character's angst with a light touch, giving a good feel for their feelings and difficulties without it getting too dark.
Meredith is a sensible and loyal individual which set-up a very interesting internal fight for her when she falls in love with the one person in the world she shouldn't. I adore sensible characters, that coupled with how much she loves her found family and wants to do the best for them really twists one's heart.
I got a little irritated at James as through the first part of the book he was very respectful of Meredith's wishes and follows her lead on their relationship, but towards the end he doesn't get pushy per say, just a bit too wrapped up in his own desires.

Things work out though, thanks to his sisters whom I now need to go and read their books. There are some blatant nods to Jane Austen which can be a bit distracting, but fun at the same time. Fast, fun read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: It's Hard Out Here for a Duke

It's Hard Out Here for a Duke by Maya Rodale My rating: 3 of 5 stars I have not read the first three...